Thursday, November 5, 2009

DEEP FRYDAY

A few weeks ago, I mentioned that there would be an activity based on a large, outdoor deep fryer in my backyard. A series of complications, including at least one case of Swine Flu, caused a prolonged delay of this much-anticipated event. I am pleased to announce that the activity known as “DEEP FRYDAY” will finally take place tomorrow, starting at 3 pm. We could have gone forward with this days ago, but then we wouldn’t have been able to label it using such an outstanding pun. I mean, really, any day can be Deep-fry Day, but there is only one DEEP FRYDAY. Also, it has been suggested that this title carries strong sexual connotations, in an ironic twist on a culinary form not typically considered sensual (at least not North of the Mason-Dixon line), so we’ve been having fun just saying it for awhile.

We will fry anything and everything, however a prize will be awarded for the most creative and successfully-executed fried object. The biggest FRY FAIL will have to clean up the mess that will inevitably ensue, so everyone should really bring their A-game. Stuff to throw in there is BYO, but I’ll provide the libations.

No comments:

Post a Comment