Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Week in Review

Does making $10 off the Vikings win on Sunday count as employment for the week? I vote YES. Is it wrong to take money from a fellow job-seeker, especially when they pick a ridiculous 3-point spread against the incomparable Brett Favre (bad decision making is, after all, a glaring symptom of prolonged unemployment)? The jury is still out.

It has been an exciting and eventful seven days for the group, and I am pleased to announce that we have three outstanding new members. Yesterday we got to know one another over a rousing game of scrabble in the scenic neighborhood of Greenpoint. We’re now looking forward to some constructive computer-based skill building early next week.

On a personal note, I am thrilled to report that on Friday, after several hours of intensive training, I was moved up from pee-wee to third-string JV in our fooseball league. My defense in particular is both robust and inspired, and I may even be allowed to dress for next week’s game.

Halloween 2009 will not be discussed here in this forum, or anywhere else for that matter, ever again.

Other accomplishments include watching the entire first season of Friday Night Lights, and the entire third season of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I am also choking and gagging my way through the overwrought prose in the Prince of Tides, and have completed upward of thirty crossword puzzles. Our newly developed, top-secret Sangria recipe is really helping with the former.

No comments:

Post a Comment